This is an odd collection of stuff that I find on the net mixed with some of the jokes people send to me. My politics are definitely not right wing. I post stuff here instead of spamming everyone in my address book. Take what you like and leave the rest...
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Salon.com Books | Busting big fat liars
Salon.com Books | Busting big fat liars: "The right-wing media warfare naturally is most visible during presidential election years. 'I've been saying for six months, no matter who was running for office this year, the right has a system in place to caricature that person,' says Brock. 'This is what I realized after 2000 -- that what happened to the Clintons during the '90s really had very little to do with the Clintons because the same thing happened to Gore in 2000. And then it happened to [Sen. Tom] Daschle when the Senate changed hands in 2001, and it happened to the mourners of [the late Sen.] Paul Wellstone in 2002. It goes on and on.' After witnessing how this Republican 'noise machine' again worked so well in shaping the caustic and undermining press coverage of Al Gore's presidential campaign in 2000, Brock is trying to awaken the public from slumber about these techniques."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this comment thing.
ReplyDelete