Friday, June 25, 2004


"People, G-O-P-eople"





The highlight of the $5 million star-studded fundraiser for John Kerry in Los Angeles last night may have been Barbra Streisand's defeat-Bush version of her song "People."



Here are the lyrics as transcribed by the press pool reporter at the fundraiser. All together now:


People

I mean G-O-People

Who'd believe there's such people in the world

Bush sees a

Lotta Condoleeza

They're dividing the planet's oil

According to Richard Poil

And they're all just trainees

Of Cheney's

Now Rumsfeld

We must get rid of Rumsfeld

He's the spookiest person in the world

As for Powell

He's neither fish nor fowl

He's in the back of the room

While they're all fiddling with gloom

No one's minding the store

What's more

Let's discuss this war we're lost in

Don't ask what it's costin'

What's a trillion or two to rule the world.

The Senate

Oooo how I want the Senate

All we need is two people in the world

I see a

Antonin Scalia

How I dread every time he sits

Scared out of my Wolfowitz

Time those neocon guys

Were gone byes

??? (pool reporter's note)

While the globe is frying

And the fishes are dying in the world

And their solution

For all the pollution

Is just to bear it and grin

And practice not breathing in

But things are gonna be great

Just wait

When the White House stationary

Reads President John Kerry
We'll be the luckiest people in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment