Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Freeload: Upload a Ringtone to Your Cell Phone

Go out to the Internet and find a MIDI file you like. Make sure it's 20KB or smaller. Here's a Google search loaded with sites:
MIDI ringtones

Once you've downloaded the MIDI to your PC, head for the Freeload home page:
Freeload

There you'll upload the file to the Freeload server, and you'll get an eight-digit code to retrieve the MIDI using your cell phone.

While I was exploring, I noticed the site owner's warning--and I think it's great:

"READ THIS BEFORE YOU PRESS THE BUTTON: Freeload works for most phones with WAP and polyphonic tones. However, if it does not work for yours, I cannot suddenly make it work just because you e-mail me. I am not technical support for your phone. Don't e-mail me saying 'doesnt work 4 my fone wtf is up wit dis,' and then swear and whine at me when I'm not able to magically fix it."

No comments:

Post a Comment