As the saying goes, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. A couple of weeks ago I went in for my annual exam at the doctor's office. I am not sure but I thought I heard him going 'oink oink' under his breath. He asked me about my exercise program and I had to confess that I hadn't been doing much if anything for a long time.
I posted back a few months ago that my back hurt so bad that I had trouble walking or standing upright more than a few minutes at a time. I got that under control with regular doses of Advil, so my doctor suggested that I start walking again. My big fear of course is that I would start walking and then have my back go out on me. So I started small and walked a few blocks away from my office. That worked out well, so I decided to see if I could go around the entire block. Long story short, after two weeks I am able to walk the steep hills around my office and my home. On Sunday I managed to do around six miles. Granted, it is walking and not jogging, but it does feel good to get out in the sun and breath all the nice allergens in there air. Barbara is convinced I have SAD and she might be right, I am feeling much better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment