Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frozen Shoulder

I went back to visit with my ortho-pod today after going through two months of physical therapy. I thought (and still wonder ) I had torn rotator cuff.
After examining me, my doctor decided I have a frozen shoulder. I got a nice big shot of cortisone injected directly into my shoulder joint. I hope that helps, given all the pain of the injection.

I didn't know what a frozen should was either, so I looked it up on the doctor's webpage.

Frozen shoulder is characterized by pain and loss of motion or stiffness in the shoulder. It affects about two percent of the general population. Frozen shoulder most commonly affects patients between the ages of 40 and 60 years, with no clear predisposition based on sex, arm dominance, or occupation.

So anyway, back to the physical therapist to learn different exercises. If that doesn't work, then I will get an MRI and possibly surgery. I will meet my insurance company's deductible in no time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment