Monday, March 02, 2009

PC World: 4 Ways to Save Money on Software

I didn't know there was an open-source alternative to Quicken and Microsoft Money. I might have to check it out.

I have installed and used the open Office suite before. Another alternative to MS office is Google. I have been using the Google documents for a couple of years now. Perfect for keeping track of stuff at work and at home.

I downloaded the Stanza reader to my iPod touch a couple of weeks ago, and it has quickly become my most used app. I downloaded some of their free books from my iPod touch. I also downloaded the desktop client which I used to add some pdf, text and html files to my iPod.

I will have to check out Gliffy. I used Visio years ago to make flowcharts, but that was before Microsoft bought them out and priced the software out of my range. I could always use MS Word to make flowcharts, but it is very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment