I may need to apologize for not supporting my daughter Rachel as well as I should have years ago when she was a vegetarian.
One of my co-workers announced a few months back that he was going vegan. He let me know that the correct pronunciation is VEE Gan not VAY Gan. After I finished making fun of him, and reading an article in our local newspaper about the Engine 2 Diet, I started asking him some questions about the diet. His main motivation was an attempt to lower his cholesterol and his weight.
Last week he brought in a copy of the Engine 2 Diet book and I spent a few hours after work browsing. I told him the next day that I wish I hadn't looked at it because it seemed to make a lot of sense.
Anyhow, the hardest part was telling Barbara that I was going off my low-carb diet which has stopped working anyway and on to something new. She took it well, yesterday for Sunday dinner we had spaghetti squash with a tomato and tofu sauce. It was very good. I am going to take the four week challenge and see what happens.
Very exciting! Russell told me the news no Sunday. Keep me posted on how it goes!
ReplyDeletelove,
Rachel