Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sermon: Sense and Sensuality

I enjoyed the sermon today.  I ended up taking John alone to church today, so I was quite happy that he was as cooperative as he was and I was able to concentrate on the sermon.

One of the best lessons I learned about sensuality was from my son John.  When he was just four years old, we took a family vacation to Salt Lake City right after Christmas.  I don't think John had ever seen snow before, so he had to go and investigate.  To completely understand what snow was, John took off his coat and the rest of his clothes and dived right into a snow bank.  Something I don't think would have occurred to me.
One of the nice things about my congregation is how open they are to having John attend.  Today he received a number of handshakes and hugs from various people in the congregation.

Last week, John went with Barbara to her ward.  I was surprised by the number of people who asked were John was in my congregation.  The week before that he had gone to church there with my friend so I could go with Barbara to my son Russell's ward to see my granddaughter blessed.  After hearing so many people ask after John, I asked my friend how many people had asked about me.  He thought for a moment and said that he was sure that someone must have asked after me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment