A few years ago a friend suggested that John needed to learn to drive in case of some emergency. I replied that I couldn't think of any emergency that would involve having to drive to Popeye's at breakneck speed. Or any emergency that would not be made worse with John driving.
And then I have to remember once again the principle of acceptance, something that I have heard numerous times in numerous 12 step meetings.
And acceptance is the answer to all my problems
today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some
person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life
—unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until
I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being
exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world
by mistake.
That's a neat dream-- maybe a glimpse of John someday after this life. But I like the quote, too. You and Barbara are great examples to us and all parents of accepting and loving your children just the way they are. Even when it's hard.
ReplyDeleteThat one was from me!
ReplyDelete