Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clients From Hell: Won't take more than an hour

I discovered this particular blog a few weeks ago, thank you Google News.


Most of the posts seems to come in from web designers, but hey, customers are customers. I spent more time than I should have with an overseas customer trying to recreate a problem they were having. They hadn't applied all of software fixes that were available, they were convinced that they had a unique problem that couldn't have been covered by a previous fix... As it turned out, an existing solution also fixed their problem.  Anyhow, a quote from the Clients From Hell blog.  The writer of this post was given a task that would 'only take an hour.'



“You realize, if I can do this, it’ll take about 12 hours, and no guarrantee I can make it look like a real photo,” I advised them.
“Yes, you can. You have Photoshop!” The art director screamed. Meanwhile, one of the account guys brought my boss over,who corroborated everything I said.
“Listen,” I said, “you have a finished illo, but if you really want me to do this I will, but I can’t have it done before tomorrow, and that’s if I stay all night. your illustration will still look better.”
The art director blew his stack “LOOK—THIS WON’T TAKE MORE THAN TWO HOURS!!” And then he added “I’D DO IT MYSELF IF I KNEW HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP!!”




No comments:

Post a Comment