Saturday, February 26, 2011

Head Banging

Not mine, my son John's. I noticed something pretty darn interesting a few weeks ago. For whatever reason (and I am totally open to suggestions), John has decided that he needs to hit his head at precisely 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

For example, we were at IHOP this morning and a few moments before 9, I changed seats at the booth so I could sit right next to him. Right on schedule, he had lifted his hands to hit his head (and you have no idea how unnerving this can be to the uninitiated), but I was able to grab them in time.  At 9:01, I moved back to my side of the booth and we finished breakfast without any further incident.

My own theory? Too much Mary Poppins. There is a scene in the movie where a neighbor sets off his cannon at a given time and the entire household is involved in making sure that the shock from the cannon does not damage any of the household breakables.

No comments:

Post a Comment