Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fine dining at IHOP

Had a milestone of sorts tonight. I had dinner with a friend and took advantage of the senior citizen early bird special tonight, I got my entree for free. I felt funny about it so I tipped the server the difference.

I saw the son of one of the servers I have know for years. The kid is cute, around 3, and is a failure to thrive kid. The server told his wife that I am an inspiration because of the way I handle John. Nice to be an inspiration to someone. For me it is the opposite, I am not a waiter making minimum wage and tips so it is much easier to provide for John and the rest of my family than it is for him.

I guess we all have our own challenges, some of which are self inflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment