Faced with facts like this, one cannot help but recall the economic discipline's most famous "Bah, humbug!" result: Joel Waldfogel's discovery, in 1993, that the typical $50 Christmas gift is valued by the recipient at between $35 and $43. It is this sort of finding, presumably, that accounts for the popularity of gift cards, which, according to Offenberg, are now the most popular gift in America.Personally, I like photographs of my kids and grandkids. They are priceless.
This is an odd collection of stuff that I find on the net mixed with some of the jokes people send to me. My politics are definitely not right wing. I post stuff here instead of spamming everyone in my address book. Take what you like and leave the rest...
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Gearing up for the holidays
I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping. I stumbled across this when I should have been working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment