The other day I posted a picture on Facebook that showed me when I was 19 years old, probably December 1970. I was a new missionary in Japan at the time, and still had most of my hair. One of my friends seemed totally astounded that was really me. At age 58, I look a lot different than I was 39 years ago.
Which got me thinking of a Barry Manilow song from his album Here At the Mayflower called Not What You See. (You can here a part of the song by clicking on the link above.) I wonder who the person in the mirror is somedays.....
Here is a link to the lyrics http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/barry_manilow/not_what_you_see-lyrics-42314.html
Sonny, no one is what
they look like
everyone's so much more
Sonny, no one is what
they look like
and we're not what you see
that's for sure
No comments:
Post a Comment