That statement from A Course in Miracles. "This Christmas give the Holy Spirit everything that would hurt you." I can do that, and I've been making my list. To the Holy Spirit I will give:
*this old resentment that I wrap around me out of habit
*that ragged worry I still clutch in the middle of the night
*the judgment I made just this morning with my quick, creative skills
*the fear that really doesn't go with the outfit of hope I look best in
I'll make the list as long as I can. All the things that hurt me--how great that the Holy Spirit can use them. And without them--miraculously I become more.
This is an odd collection of stuff that I find on the net mixed with some of the jokes people send to me. My politics are definitely not right wing. I post stuff here instead of spamming everyone in my address book. Take what you like and leave the rest...
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
This Christmas give the Holy Spirit everything that would hurt you.
I am a big fan of author Carol Lynn Pearson, and I am on her email announcement list. She said in part:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this...good post!
ReplyDeleteSometimes all we can do is turn these things over to Him. Thanks for this thought.
ReplyDelete