Friday, August 10, 2007

Andrea - Old friend

I was delighted to have my friend Andrea and her husband Corwin attend the reception. I have known Andrea since we both attended BYU together. One year we lived in the same apartment complex and became friendly when she cooked for the guys in my apartment. She also became friendly with my younger brother Richard and they dated seriously for awhile.

Andrea's husband Corwin introduced himself to my children at the wedding as the husband of their uncle's ex-fiance which pretty much summed things up.

22 years ago I had the opportunity to go to Japan for three weeks on business. I attended the english speaking ward in Tokyo and saw Andrea playing the piano at Sacrament meeting. I turned to the man sitting next to me and asked him if that was Andrea (I used her maiden name) and he replied that that used to be her maiden name but that it was now his last name. Small world as they say. Anyhow, they had Barbara and me over to dinner after Barbara arrived and she and Andrea became good friends, even though they have probably only met in the flesh a less than a dozen times.

Little did we know way back when that we would both settle in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment