Wednesday, August 15, 2007

- Don't Let Them Eat Cake - washingtonpost.com

I love reading Miss Manners, she has great common sense and wit.

"Dear Miss Manners:

I appear to have committed a faux pas. My fiance and I are getting married in a concert hall at 6 p.m. He's excited to don a tux, and the bridesmaids are wearing dresses of their choice (so some of them are floor-length and some are shorter). I guess this means we're having a formal wedding, but we picked out colorful, modern-looking invitations.

Now, people are admonishing us for choosing informal invitations for a formal event. Is there any way to respond to their criticism? Is there any way to redress our error?

Since the invitations have already gone out, it is unfortunately too late for you redo the chief part you did wrong -- the guest list."

No comments:

Post a Comment