Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving list

Here is a list in no particular order of things I am thankful for this year. I don't think with the small kids and John at the table tomorrow (and I am very grateful they will all be there) that there will be a lot of time for reflection.
  • John has made so much improvement in the last year with his med changes. He went into the doctor's last week and it was obvious how much he had improved. Plus the fact he has dropped a lot of weight is a real bonus also.
  • Russell got engaged to and married a wonderful woman. Sarah Jane is a great addition to the family.
  • Russell got into law school here in Austin. This is purely a selfish thing, I am glad that we get to see him and Sarah Jane on a regular basis.
  • James graduated from law school.
  • James passed the bar exam! He was sworn in to the Texas bar a few weeks ago. Way to go James!
  • James, Emily, Harris, Jack and Will have come to live with us while James is looking for employment. I am not sure James and Emily would count this as a blessing or not but from another purely selfish point of view, it has been wonderful having them here with us.
  • Rachel! It was great seeing her this summer when she came to Texas from Pittsburgh with Emily and the boys. She stayed through Russell's wedding. I don't get to see enough of Rachel (how much would be enough) but I am incredibly proud of her.
  • Barbara! She does so much for me and the rest of the family.
  • Extended family members. We don't hear much from my side of the family so I assume that they are doing well in their lives.
  • Good friends.
  • A job. With all the layoffs at my company the last several years I am very happy to still have a job at my company that I enjoy.
  • I am lucky that I get along with all of my co-workers. One of our beloved team members passed away a few months ago from breast cancer and it reminded me to appreciate the people around me while I can.
  • Good health. I went out walking today before it turned cold and I took a few moments while I was huffing and puffing up one of the hills that I am fortunate to still be able to get out and about.
I am sure more things will come to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment