I just dropped Barbara, Emily, Harris, Jack and Will off at the airport. They are flying through Denver to Salt Lake City today and will stay with Barbara's mother this evening. Rachel will drive Emily and the boys to Idaho Falls tomorrow (Thursday) to meet up with James and start the next chapter of their lives.
I am of course happy that James was able to find a job that he likes but at the same time I am feeling some sadness having his family leave. It is has been a true joy and a blessing in my life to have them here. With every hello there is a built in good-bye, at least good-bye for the time being.
I also said good-bye to my manager of eight years this morning. We had a big reorganization at work last week and he no longer fit in, according to upper management. My work group is still recovering from the death of a beloved team member a few months ago. Nothing is forever except maybe change.
No comments:
Post a Comment