Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Answered prayers

In the last month or so, John has been waking up in the middle of the night and banging his head against the headboard. This is an old behavior that we hoped was behind us, but it isn't.

A few weeks ago in church I decided to write John's name on a prayer card and then placed it in the offering basket when it was passed around. I figure, the more people praying for John, the better.

That night I woke up just before John started banging his head again.... and then I got a flash of insight that I suppose should have been obvious. That is of course, why was I sleeping in my bed when I should be sleeping with John in his bed.

I haven't had the most restful nights sleep for the last couple of weeks, but I have been able to intercept John before he starts hitting his head. He had a nasty looking wound on his head that is now pretty much healed up. I am not sure how much longer I am going to have to keep doing this, but it is certainly much easier on all of us when John isn't injuring himself.

I was touched when some of the people I know at church came up to me to reassure me that they are remembering John in their prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Great story...sorry that John is banging his head so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just feel the love that you have for your son reading this...

    ReplyDelete