Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Facebook status

I am now on Facebook, in fact, when I post to this blog it also posts to my Facebook account. How cool is that?

I am probably too old for Facebook, let alone Twitter. The other day I changed my status on Facebook so that it said something like 'David is in Pain.' I got a couple of emails, so I figure I should probably explain.

Several months ago, in an attempt to keep John from smashing his head against a wood chair, I tried pulling him away from the chair. It only took a moment to realize that wasn't a good idea, not that letting John continue banging his head was a good idea, but that pulling him the way I did wasn't a good idea.

I had a instant flash of pain in my left shoulder and upper arm. I figured it would go away in a few days, but as luck would have it, the pain has only got worse as time has gone by. Last month I made a trip to my friendly orthopod and he suggested that I spend some time in physical therapy and see if it would get better or not. So far, it has got a little better but I am afraid I may have to go back and schedule a slice and dice on my shoulder.

Anyway, that explains the pain. It is physical, not emotional. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment