Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had our usual chaotic Christmas celebration today. We were very happy to have Rachel along with Russell and his lovely wife Sarah Jane with us this year, along of course with John. James and his family were celebrating together in Idaho Falls and they were very much missed.

Early in the afternoon Russell, Rachel and Sarah Jane went to the airport, Rachel and Russell to LA to attend a friend's wedding Saturday, and Sarah Jane to Pittsburgh to spend some of the holiday's with her family (I know, we are her family also, her family of origin). From LA, Rachel will go back to Washingington DC. It is always wonderful to have Rachel home for a visit though she may wonder how welcome she is at times with John telling her that she needs to go to the airport. What she doesn't hear of course is John counting down the days until Rachel comes to visit again.

I was happy to attend a candle light Christmas Eve service at my church last night. It was just what I needed to get me centered and focused on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment